Toddler and Pre-school Yoga Training Online course
This 40 hour, fully accredited Yoga Alliance Professionals Specialist Yoga Training course covers yoga with children aged between 12 months up to the age of 5 years. Covering child & parent/carer yoga classes and yoga to children in a nursery or pre-school setting. This course will enable you to teach yoga in a fun, effective and engaging manner to toddler and pre-schoolers, either setting up your own classes or teaching in nurseries and other-childcare settings.
After completion of the course you will be accredited by the Yoga Alliance Professionals to teach toddler, pre-school & parent yoga classes and yoga for children in nurseries and other child-care settings, from 12 months up to the age of 5 years old.
Who is the course for?
Yoga teachers: The course is open to all qualified or trainee yoga teachers from any school or tradition. Pregnancy, mum & baby yoga or children yoga teachers in particular may feel this is natural progression in their teacher career. Teachers must have a passion to share yoga with this younger age group and enjoy working with younger children.
Yoga practitioners from other professions: Non-qualified yoga teachers are welcome to apply if they come from a related profession including Early Years Foundation educators. This course would particularly suit those working in nurseries and other childcare settings that wish offer toddler and pre-school yoga sessions within childcare settings. All non-qualified yoga teachers must have been practising yoga for at least two years and have attended a minimum of 40 hours of yoga classes.
All students should be safe to work with young children. Having an up-to-date Enhanced Disclosure (CRB check) is not a prerequisite of the course, but is preferable. And all students should be in a position to obtain one when they start teaching and come into contact with children, as this will be a prerequisite for anyone working within any childcare setting.
The Course Content (syllabus)
Toddler, Pre-school and Parent Yoga Classes (12hrs)
• Developmental stages and movement in children from 12 months to the age of 5 years.
• Understanding and managing normal toddler behaviour and exploring the ways in which a toddler learns and views the world.
• Teaching asana and movement to a toddler, from crawlers, early walkers to confident movers, including use of flash cards, stories, books and songs.
• Props and resources for toddler yoga, including scarves, beanbags, shakers, balls, parachute, and creative use of yoga blocks and bolsters!
• Cultivating relaxation, story time, songs for breathing, and the use of mantra and sound.
• Incopoating parents and carers into classes.
• Class plans and sequences for Toddler & Parent yoga.
• Class management, managing the unexpected and health & safety.
Teaching in nurseries and other childcare settings (12 hours)
• Adapting the Toddler & Parent yoga class for just children within a childcare setting.
• Teaching asana and movement to a toddlers and pre-schoolers, adapting for the older child.
• Cultivating relaxation, story time, songs for breathing, and the use of mantra and sound for pre-schoolers.
• Class plans and sequences for children aged 2 to 5 years.
• Class management, managing the unexpected and health & safety when working within childcare settings.
• Early Years Foundation Stage and Yoga.
The Business of running classes and working in childcare settings (4hrs)
• Setting up a class, suitable venues, class times, payment structures.
• Policies and procedures of childcare settings.
• Child protection, and Enhanced Disclosures (CRB checks), our responsibility as yoga teachers.
• Marketing and Networking.
Yoga Alliance Professionals Accreditation
40 hours in teaching toddler, pre-school & parent yoga classes and yoga for children in nurseries and other child-care settings, for children aged 12 months up to the age of 5 years old.
This is a vocational training course, accredited by Yoga Alliance Professional UK. The course has met the stringent requirements set by the Yoga Alliance Professionals. Our graduates are trained to the highest standards.
Further details of cost, bookings and how online content will be accessed and delivered coming soon!