Toddler and Pre-school Yoga Training course
This 4 day, (40 hour), fully accredited Yoga Alliance Professionals vocational training course covers yoga with children aged between 12 months up to the age of 5 years. Covering child & parent/carer yoga classes and yoga to children in a nursery or pre-school setting. This course will enable you to teach yoga in a fun, effective and engaging manner to toddler and pre-schoolers, either setting up your own classes or teaching in nurseries and other-childcare settings.
After completion of the course you will be accredited by the Yoga Alliance Professionals to teach toddler, pre-school & parent yoga classes and yoga for children in nurseries and other child-care settings, from 12 months up to the age of 5 years old.
Who is the course for?
Yoga teachers: The course is open to all qualified or trainee yoga teachers from any school or tradition. Pregnancy, mum & baby yoga or children yoga teachers in particular may feel this is natural progression in their teacher career. Teachers must have a passion to share yoga with this younger age group and enjoy working with younger children.
Yoga practitioners from other professions: Non-qualified yoga teachers are welcome to apply if they come from a related profession including Early Years Foundation educators. This course would particularly suit those working in nurseries and other childcare settings that wish offer toddler and pre-school yoga sessions within childcare settings. All non-qualified yoga teachers must have been practising yoga for at least two years and have attended a minimum of 40 hours of yoga classes.
All students should be safe to work with young children. Having an up-to-date Enhanced Disclosure (CRB check) is not a prerequisite of the course, but is preferable. And all students should be in a position to obtain one when they start teaching and come into contact with children, as this will be a prerequisite for anyone working within any childcare setting.
The Course Content (syllabus)
Toddler, Pre-school and Parent Yoga Classes (12hrs)
• Developmental stages and movement in children from 12 months to the age of 5 years.
• Understanding and managing normal toddler behaviour and exploring the ways in which a toddler learns and views the world.
• Teaching asana and movement to a toddler, from crawlers, early walkers to confident movers, including use of flash cards, stories, books and songs.
• Props and resources for toddler yoga, including scarves, beanbags, shakers, balls, parachute, and creative use of yoga blocks and bolsters!
• Cultivating relaxation, story time, songs for breathing, and the use of mantra and sound.
• Incopoating parents and carers into classes.
• Class plans and sequences for Toddler & Parent yoga.
• Class management, managing the unexpected and health & safety.
Teaching in nurseries and other childcare settings (12 hours)
• Adapting the Toddler & Parent yoga class for just children within a childcare setting.
• Teaching asana and movement to a toddlers and pre-schoolers, adapting for the older child.
• Cultivating relaxation, story time, songs for breathing, and the use of mantra and sound for pre-schoolers.
• Class plans and sequences for children aged 2 to 5 years.
• Class management, managing the unexpected and health & safety when working within childcare settings.
• Early Years Foundation Stage and Yoga.
The Business of running classes and working in childcare settings (4hrs)
• Setting up a class, suitable venues, class times, payment structures.
• Policies and procedures of childcare settings.
• Child protection, and Enhanced Disclosures (CRB checks), our responsibility as yoga teachers.
• Marketing and Networking.
Yoga Alliance Professionals Accreditation
40 hours in teaching toddler, pre-school & parent yoga classes and yoga for children in nurseries and other child-care settings, for children aged 12 months up to the age of 5 years old.
This is a vocational training course, accredited by Yoga Alliance Professional UK. The course has met the stringent requirements set by the Yoga Alliance Professionals. Our graduates are trained to the highest standards.
Venue, dates and cost
Venue: The Wellbeing Studios St Agnes, Miners and Mechanics Institute
St. Agnes Heritage Coast, Vicarage Rd, Saint Agnes, Cornwall TR5 0TL
Dates: March 2020
Saturday 7th March 9.00am-4.30pm
Sunday 8th March 9.00am- 4.30pm
Saturday 28th March 9.00am-4.30pm
Sunday 29th March 9.00am-4.30pm
Cost of course: £395
How to apply and Payment
There are a maximum of 12 places available on the course. To apply please fill out the application form and Amy Jones will contact you to confirm your suitability and place on the course. She will also send out pre-course information, including the assignments and reading list. Following this Amy Jones will arrange a payment of a non-refundable deposit of £195 per person to secure your place.
Course hours and materials
- 28 hours of course contact hours with Yoga Alliance Professionals Senior Teacher Amy Jones.
- 6 hours personal reading and research
- 6 hours assignment, planning and teaching
Total course hours 40
Amy Jones will provide a full course manual to support all aspects covered in the course. A reading list will be sent to students prior to the start of the course. Students are expected to obtain all set texts on reading lists themselves prior to the start of the course and will need to bring them to each day of the course. Additional useful books will also be included on the reading list for future suggested purchases and study.
Terms and conditions
The course costs £395. A non-refundable deposit of £195 is required to secure your place. The remainder (£200) is due by 7th February 2020. You will receive receipt for all payments made via email. Payments are via BACS, details as followed:
40 43 36
Mrs A F Jones, use your name as a reference.
Included in the price:
- 4 days training and assessment by a qualified Yoga Alliance Professionals Senior Teacher.
- Toddler & Parent and Pre-school Yoga training manual
- Refreshments through the day
- Certification upon completion of the course, including all assignments.
- Transport to and from venue
- Accommodation for the duration of the course
- Insurance to teach
- Set course texts
Refund and Cancellation Policy (T&Cs)
Please note that all deposits are non-refundable, in the event you need to cancel your place:
- Cancellations 28 days or less before the course start date all payments are non-refundable. Deposit of £195 is transferable to a future course if available.
- Cancellations 29 days or more before the course start date payment of second payment of £200 is refundable. Deposit of £195 is transferable to a future course if available.
To cancel your place please do so in writing to email@example.com
Amy Jones has the right to cancel the course at any point. In the unlikely event of a course being cancelled you will be refunded your full course fees. Other costs incurred such as travel or time off work cannot be reimbursed.
Attendance and completion of the course (T&Cs)
Students should attend 100% of the course contact hours. Failure to attend the course contact hours will result in non-completion of the course and no certification. There may be the opportunity to make up missed contact hours, this must be pre-arranged with Amy Jones and additional cost will depend on support and hours needed. Certification of the course is also dependent on the successful completion and passing of all written assignments. If additional time and support is needed to complete assignments this will need to be agreed with Amy Jones and may incur additional costs.
Your details (T&Cs)
Please note that Amy Jones will pass on your details (name, email and phone number) to the Yoga Alliance Professional so they can contact you directly and invite you to register as a Trainee and Teacher. You understand you have the option of opting out of this registration process. Your details will not be passed on to any other parties.
Applicants from non-yoga teachers (T&Cs)
Graduates are only able to teach yoga in their professional capacity. Non-fully qualified yoga teachers cannot advertise themselves as a yoga teacher after the completion of this course. Graduates are only trained to teach toddler, pre-school & parent yoga classes and yoga to children in nursery or childcare settings from 12 months up to the age of 5 years old. Graduates who are professionals in another capacity will be offer an Affiliate Membership on a membership only basis with Yoga Alliance professionals. Non-yoga teachers must have been practising yoga for a minimum of 2 years and attended 40 hours of yoga classes and be able to provided evidence of this as part of the application process.
By registering and paying a deposit for the course you are agreeing to all the T&Cs laid out above, including the cancellation policy. You are agreeing to adhere to the code of conduct policy and confirm you have read and are happy with the complaints procedure.