Available at www.amy-yogaonline.com
Next course running from September 2020 please complete application form to register interest
This 40 hour, fully accredited Yoga Alliance Professionals Specialist Yoga Training course covers yoga with children aged between 12 months up to the age of 5 years. Covering child & parent/carer yoga classes and yoga to children in a nursery or pre-school setting. This course will enable you to teach yoga in a fun, effective and engaging manner to toddlers and pre-schoolers, either setting up your own classes or teaching in nurseries and other-childcare settings. After completion of the course you will be accredited by Yoga Alliance Professionals to teach toddler, pre-school & parent yoga classes and yoga for children in nurseries and other childcare settings. The course is delivered through a mixture of at your pace training videos and manual resources, live class observations, with post class discussions (these will be either in person classes or zoom classes, but all observations will be online) and 1:2:1 mentor sessions. To view course with Yoga Alliance Professionals click here.
Who is the course for?
Yoga teachers: The course is open to all qualified or trainee yoga teachers from any school or tradition. Pregnancy, mum & baby yoga or children yoga teachers in particular may feel this is natural progression in their teacher career. Teachers must have a passion to share yoga with this younger age group and enjoy working with younger children.
Yoga practitioners from other professions: Non-qualified yoga teachers are welcome to apply if they come from a related profession including Early Years Foundation educators. This course would particularly suit those working in nurseries and other childcare settings that wish to offer toddler and pre-school yoga sessions within childcare settings. All non-qualified yoga teachers must have been practising yoga for at least two years and have attended a minimum of 40 hours of yoga classes.
All students should be safe to work with young children. Having an up-to-date Enhanced Disclosure (CRB check) is not a prerequisite of the course, but is preferable. And all students should be in a position to obtain one when they start teaching and come into contact with children, as this will be a prerequisite for anyone working within any childcare setting.
The Course Content (syllabus)
Module 1: Toddler, Pre-school and Parent Yoga Classes
• Developmental stages and movement in children from 12 months to the age of 5 years.
• Understanding and managing normal toddler behaviour and exploring the ways in which a toddler learns and views the world.
• Teaching asana and movement to a toddler, from crawlers, early walkers to confident movers, including use of flash cards, stories, books and songs.
• Props and resources for toddler yoga, including scarves, beanbags, shakers, balls, parachute, and creative use of yoga blocks and bolsters!
• Cultivating relaxation, story time, songs for breathing, and the use of mantra and sound.
• Incorporating parents and carers into classes.
• Class plans and sequences for Toddler & Parent yoga.
• Class management, managing the unexpected and health & safety.
Module 2: Teaching in nurseries and other childcare settings
• Adapting the Toddler & Parent yoga class for just children within a childcare setting.
• Teaching asana and movement to a toddlers and pre-schoolers, adapting for the older child.
• Cultivating relaxation, story time, songs for breathing, and the use of mantra and sound for pre-schoolers.
• Class plans and sequences for children aged 2 to 5 years.
• Class management, managing the unexpected and health & safety when working within childcare settings.
• Early Years Foundation Stage and Yoga.
Module 3: The Business of running classes and working in childcare settings
• Setting up a class, suitable venues, class times, payment structures.
• Policies and procedures of childcare settings.
• Child protection, and Enhanced Disclosures (CRB checks), our responsibility as yoga teachers.
• Marketing and Networking.
Yoga Alliance Professionals Accreditation
40 hours in teaching toddler, pre-school & parent yoga classes and yoga for children in nurseries and other child-care settings, for children aged 12 months up to the age of 5 years old. This is a specialist training course, accredited by Yoga Alliance Professional UK. The course has met the stringent requirements set by the Yoga Alliance Professionals. Our graduates are trained to the highest standards.
How to apply and Payment
The full cost of the online course is £295. To complete an application form, purchase your place on the course and access all course material please click here to go to www.amy-yogaonline.com. Booking for September 2020 opening soon.
Course hours and resources:
Not included on the course:
Course set text
1) Yoga Fun for toddlers, children & you by Juliet Pegrum
2) Itsy Bitsy Yoga for Toddlers and Preschoolers by Helen Garabedian
3) Baby Yoga Song Book (and CD), Birthlight
Amy does offer a full suggested reading list as part of the course.
Terms and conditions
The course costs £295, payment made in full via www.amy-yogaonline.com. To register your interest for September's course please complete application form on amy-yogaonline.com, booking to open soon.
Refund and Cancellation Policy (T&Cs)
Due to the online nature of the course once your place is paid for it is non-refundable.
Attendance and completion of the course (T&Cs)
Students should complete 100% of all modules within the course and complete all assignments. On completion of all 3 modules and assignments Amy will notify Yoga Alliance Professionals that you have passed the course and gain certification. A certificate of completion will also be emailed to you.
Your details (T&Cs)
Please note that Amy Jones will pass on your details (name, email and phone number) to the Yoga Alliance Professional so they can contact you directly and invite you to register as member. You understand you have the option of opting out of this registration process. Your details will not be passed on to any other parties.
Applicants from non-yoga teachers (T&Cs)
Graduates are only able to teach yoga in their professional capacity. Graduates are only trained to teach toddler, pre-school & parent yoga classes and yoga to children in nursery or childcare settings up to the age of 5 years old. Graduates who are professionals in another capacity are able to join YAP UK as a specialist teacher member, and gain insurance through YAP UK to teach in their specialist area.
By purchasing the course you are agreeing to all the T&Cs laid out above, including the cancellation policy. You are agreeing to adhere to the code of conduct policy and confirm you have read and are happy with the complaints procedure.