A 250hr foundation yoga teacher training course with a joyful difference, that achieves outstanding outcomes and happy thriving yoga teachers.
Get in touch to join us this April for the transformational journey that is training to be a yoga teacher - just 4 places left!
This 250hr YTT course is fully registered by Yoga Alliance Professionals, running over a period of 8 months, delivered through a creative mix of monthly group training sessions (online & in-person), weekly yoga classes (online & in-person), 1:2:1 mentoring and at your pace training modules, ensuring you become a confident and successful yoga teacher, both teaching in-person and online. This course can be completed completely online or as restrictions lift some training will be offered in-person as well, but the flexible nature of this course means you can complete it anywhere in the world!
The course is led by senior yoga teacher and YAP trainer pro Amy Jones, who has created her own thriving yoga community from her studios in St Agnes and now online, co-tutor Jane Cradick also comes with a wealth of experience, and has her own thriving yoga business in-person and online. Both Amy and Jane have been involved in teacher training and education for many years, between them they have over 30 years of teaching experience, with a deep rooted passion for supporting others to become successful teachers, so the light that is yoga can shine brightly into the world! Along side core tutors Amy and Jane, our guest tutor for this course is Nathalie Wilhelm from Live Love Yoga, who will be zooming in to teach the art of arm balancing. This 250-hour YTT course is the starting point, both Amy and Jane will continue to offer on-going support and mentorship to all students, building our own community of supportive, thriving yoga teachers.
Method of delivery
*Although some classes and group training sessions maybe in-person it is still the case you can attend online and the course be completed solely online
Style of Yoga
This course will draw primarily upon vinyasa yoga traditions, along with softer hatha and yin practices. Amy and Jane have studied a variety of styles of yoga, and they share a common approach to yoga teaching based on an eclectic mix of these different styles. Although yoga is often characterised into specific styles, and their associated lineages, there is only one yoga; the art on intuitively listening to the body, breath and mind to achieve balance in the system. As part of this course you will be encouraged to follow your own path, and studying as many styles of yoga as possible with as many teachers as you can, enabling you to find your authentic teacher voice.
Syllabus at a Glance
This course aims to develop safe, effective, knowledgeable and reflective yoga teachers, who come from a place of passion for yoga and a commitment to their own continuing practise. The best teachers teach from the heart, sharing their knowledge and experiences of the practise of yoga. The course is divided in 10 modules as followed:
Syllabus in more detail
Yoga Philosophy (20 hours)
- The history of yoga overview.
- The central texts of the yogic tradition: Bhagvad Gita & Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras.
- What is Yoga in the modern Western world?
- The integration of philosophy into classes.
Anatomy and Physiology (25 hours)
- The bones, joints and movement.
- Muscles and movements.
- The other systems of the body: Nervous, Endocrine, Digestive, Lymphatic
- The fascial web, the connected organism.
- Functional Anatomy.
- Movement patterns.
- Anatomy in asana.
Yoga Asana (40 hours)
- What is asana and its purpose?
- Surya namaskar, standing postures, forward bends, back bends, twists, balances, inversions, hips and the shoulders.
- Elastic training (stretching).
- Bandha in asana.
- Mudra in asana.
- Vinyasa yoga styles.
- Yin and restorative yoga styles.
- Yoga for special populations (beginners, children and pregnancy yoga)
Pranayama (15 hours)
- What is pranayama?
- Breath awareness practices.
- Pranayama practice, including Ujjai, Nadi Shodana, and Kapalabhati.
- Bandhas in Pranayama.
- Mudra on Pranayama.
- Breath retention.
Meditation and mantra (15 hours)
- What is meditation?
- The starting places, pratyahara and Dharana.
- Meditation practices, including Yoga Nidra.
- Om, the universal sound.
- Chants: Togetherness mantra & Gayatri mantra.
Subtle Anatomy (10 hours)
- The Pranic body.
- Chakras and integration into asana and pranayama.
- Mudra and Bandha.
Teaching and methodology (35 hours)
- Lesson planning.
- Moving to a peak pose.
- Linking poses through a theme.
- Sequencing in asana.
- Course writing, sequencing lessons over time.
- The art of teaching yoga (or anything!): observation, listening, verbal cues and the power of language to inform the body and demonstration.
- The use of self-adjustment.
- Differentiation in teaching, moving students on.
- Effective teaching online
The business of teaching Yoga (10 hours)
- Getting started: in-person or online, risk assessment, health and safety, price structures & insurance to teach.
- Data collection, client health forms, GDPR.
- Marketing and building your yoga community.
- Professional conduct and the student/ teacher relationship.
Teaching practice (10 hours)
- Team teaching
- Micro teaching
- Teaching full 60 to 90 minute classes.
The course will involve lots of teaching from you, starting with some team teaching in smaller groups and pairs via zoom break out rooms, shorter teaching assessments (micro teaching), where you teach the whole group and your final teaching practical exam, where you'll teach a full 60 minute class (in-person or online). As well as the expected teaching integrated into your course contact hours you are strongly encouraged to start teaching your own class when ready, maybe just to family and friends, either in-person or via zoom, nothing improves teaching like actually teaching. Trainee teachers can teach up to 2 hours a week, but only what has been covered by the course and in agreement with Amy Jones, you will be supported to get teaching when you feel ready.
Personal practice, self-study and assessment
- Internal tutor led classes: As part of the course and your contact hours you will be expected to attend weekly live classes with Amy and Jane, on average 2 a week. (85 hours)
- External tutor lead class attendance: You are also encourage to attend other teachers classes as much as possible during the 8 months.
- Personal Practise: Asana, pranayama & mediation (self practise 40 hours)
- Student led study: Persona study and assignments (50hrs)
- At your pace training modules: Guiding you monthly through your learning along with the live training sessions and classes will be pre-recored training modules, released each month to do at own pace (20hrs)
- Assessment is through a mixture of practical teaching assessments (micro teaches and final practical class exam), anatomy study tasks, written assignments and recoded practical assignments (video and audio), all set monthly to help guide you through the course.
Time commitment and dates for group training sessions
Most training session will be via zoom, with the occasional use of FB live if appropriate, with the scope to include some in-person sessions with zoom live stream as restrictions lift. You are expected to attend all group training sessions live, if you do miss a live session recordings are available for catch, along with additional 1:2:1 mentoring sessions to make up lost contact hours. You are also expected to attend weekly tutor led classes and dedicated teacher only classes with Amy and Jane as part of your contact hours, along with you individual monthly mentor sessions.
Group training session (85 hours):
Weekend 1: April 23rd, 24th & 25th.
Weekend 2: May 14th, 15th & 16th
Weekend 3: June 11th, 12th & 13th
Weekend 4: July 16th, 17th & 18th
Weekend 5: August 13th, 14th & 15th
Weekend 6: September 10th, 11th & 12th
Weekend 7: October 8th, 9th & 10th
Weekend 8: November 5th, 6th & 7th *our final weekend will include your final teaching practical exam (60 minute class), some final teaching practice classes will also take place in the month leading up to week 8.
Tutor led live class attendance (85 hours):
*Teaching schedules may shift as the course progresses but you will have on-going access to Amy and Jane's online (and in-person one restrictions fully lift) classes, including free access to Amy's online subscription classes.
1:2:1 mentoring (10 hours)
During the course you will meet either Amy or Jane monthly 1:2:1 to discuss your progress and work on specific areas relevant to your needs.
Total course hours: 290 hours
Contact hours: 180hrs (group training sessions, 1:2:1 mentoring and tutor led classes)
Self- study: 110hrs (pre-recorded training modules, personal practice, study and assignments)
Who is the course for?
A minimum of 2 years regular yoga practise.
Sufficient technology to be able to study effectively online.
Completion of an application form, and acceptance on to the course by SYT Amy Jones.
This course is open to all yogis who meet the minimum entry requirements and have a desire to deepen their study of yoga, and have a passion to share the gift of yoga with others. There is not a need to be able to perform certain asanas, yoga is not defined by making shapes with the body; rather it is the art of listening to the body and working intuitively with its current condition.
Terms and Conditions
Total cost of course: £1850 (payment plan) £1650 payment in full
Payment plan: £250 non-refundable deposit to secure your place, payment via BACS or paypal - after acceptance onto the course once application form approved. Then 8 monthly payments from the 1st April 2021 of £200 a month to be set up as a standing order. There are two scholarship places available each course, to find out more about a scholarship place click here.
Included in the price:
- Technology to access online learning
- Insurance to teach (this is available through your membership to YAP, both as a trainee and once your have qualified)
- Set texts
How to apply and Payment
To apply please fill out the application form, click here, and Amy Jones will contact you to confirm your suitability and place on the course. She will also send out pre-course information, this will include assignments and reading list. She will also arrange a payment of a non-refundable deposit of £250 or payment in full to your secure place. Once your place is secured Amy will arrange your pre-course zoom session.
Amy and Jane will provide supportive recourses for each module of the course as part of the course e-manual, which students have the option to download and print. Students are expected to obtain all set texts on reading lists themselves prior to the start of the course, and will need to bring them to each session as required. Additional useful books will also be included on the reading list for future suggested future study.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Please note that all deposits are non-refundable, in the event you need to cancel your place:
- Cancellations 28 days or less before the course start date all payments made are non-refundable.
- Cancellations 29 days or more before the course start date deposit of £250 is non-refundable. If you paid for course in full (£1650), £1400 will be refunded, the £250 deposit is non-refundable.
- Withdrawing during the course: deposit and any attended weekends are non-refundable, payment for remaining unattended weekends will depend on your personal circumstances and reasons for withdrawing mid-course, but in most cases you will be expected to pay for your place on the course in full.
- Your place on the course cannot be sold or given to anyone else. All bookings and payments for the course are made directly through Amy Jones.
Please put any requests to withdraw in writing to Amy yoga at firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Jones has the right to cancel the course at any point. In the unlikely event of a course being cancelled you will be refunded your full course fees or offered alternative dates, of which if you can’t attend you will be offered a full refund. Other costs incurred such as travel or time off work cannot be reimbursed.
Attendance and completion of the course
Students should attend 100% of the course contact hours, failure to attend the course contact hours will result in non-completion of the course and no certification. If you do miss a live session recordings are available for catch-up, along with additional 1:2:1 mentoring sessions to make up lost contact hours, this may incur additional costs. Certification of the course is also dependent on the successful completion and passing of all written assignments. If additional time and support is needed to complete assignments this will need to be agreed with Amy Jones and may also incur additional costs.
Please note that Amy Jones will pass on your details to the Yoga Alliance Professional so they can contact you to register. Your details will not be passed on to any other parties.
By registering and paying either a deposit for the course or full payment you are agreeing to all the T&Cs laid out above, including the cancellation policy. You are agreeing to adhere to the code of conduct policy and confirm you have read and are happy with the complaints procedure. Please consider your personal circumstance when considering the course and the requirements to attend all training sessions.
This course has changed my life! Amy and Jane have been amazing, I have learnt more than I thought possible and had the best experience, even in covid times, they kept us on track and gave us the best experience. I would highly recommend this course for anyone wanting to do their teacher training. Thank you both so much!
Leah Hyne 300hr foundation TT 2020
Amy and Jane are brilliant teachers, they delivered this course despite covid 19, so flexible and adaptable! Their knowledge and experience is phenomenal and I am so lucky to have been able to train with them. Justine Smith 300hr foundation TT 2020
Thank you Amy and Jane, your YTT turned my apprehension into an affirmation! I have learnt more than I imagine and found each weekend such a joy. Your care and commitment to our continued learning during covid-19 provided encouragement and motivation to keep going. Catherine A 300hr foundation TT 2020.