This 300 hour yoga teacher training course is fully registered by Yoga Alliance Professionals and will equip you with the necessary skills to teach yoga effectively and safely, starting you on your journey to become an inspirational and successful yoga teacher, enabling you to help and inspire people through yoga. This 300hr course will run over a period of 9 months, click here to view YAP UK registered course.
The course is led by Senior Yoga teacher (SYT) Amy Jones, who has over 12 years teaching experience and has built her own thriving yoga community from her studios in St Agnes and now online! Co-teacher Jane Cradick also comes with a wealth of experience, and has her own thriving yoga business. Both Amy and Jane have been involved in teacher training for several years, with a passion for supporting others to become successful teachers and encouraging as many people as possible to practise and enjoy yoga. On occasions specialist teachers are also brought in as guest teachers to enrich your learning and experience of the course.
2020 has taught us a lot, it illustrated the advantages of online learning and really high-lighted the value that in-person teaching brings. The 300hr TT in 2021 creatively combines in-person learning both from inside our studio base in St Agnes, and outside at the beautiful Rose-in-Vale Hotel Mithian, and online learning through zoom, Facebook live, via the closed face book TT group and some at-your-pace online learning modules. All in-person sessions are live streamed and recorded, creating an amazing online resource that all trainees have on-going access to via Amy's online website, www.amy-yogaonline.com. There is the option for those students who meet the criteria to attend this course 100% remotely online. This option is available for those who cannot attend the in-person sessions on health, financial or distance reasons, if you'd like be considered for a completely online place please get in touch. This 300-hour course is the starting point, and both Amy and Jane will continue to offer on-going support and mentorship to all students, building our own community of supportive yoga teachers.
Style of Yoga
This course will draw primarily upon vinyasa yoga traditions, along with softer hatha and yin practices. Amy and Jane have studied a variety of styles of yoga, and they share a common approach to yoga teaching based on an eclectic mix of these different styles. Although yoga is often characterised into specific styles, and their associated lineages, there is only one yoga; the art on intuitively listening to the body, breath and mind to achieve balance in the system. As part of this course you will be encouraged to follow your own path, and studying as many styles of yoga as possible with as many teachers as you can, enabling you to find your authentic teacher voice.
Syllabus at a Glance
This course aims to develop safe, effective, knowledgeable and reflective yoga teachers, who come from a place of passion for yoga and a commitment to their own continuing practise. The best teachers teach from the heart, sharing their knowledge and experiences, this is how the authentic voice of the teacher emerges.
The course is divided in 10 modules as followed:
- Yoga Philosophy
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Yoga Asana
- Meditation and mantra
- Subtle Anatomy
- Teaching and methodology
- The business of teaching Yoga
- Teaching practice
The word yoga means union, making it almost impossible to divide the subject of yoga into individual modules. The 10 modules will intertwine throughout the 9 months of the course, allowing students to gain a holistic approach to the teaching of yoga.
Syllabus in more detail
Yoga Philosophy (25 hours)
- The history of yoga overview.
- The central texts of the yogic tradition: Bhagvad Gita & Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras.
- What is Yoga in the modern Western world?
- The integration of philosophy into classes.
Anatomy and Physiology (30 hours)
- The bones, joints and movement.
- Muscles and movements.
- The other systems of the body: Nervous, Endocrine, Digestive, Lymphatic
- The fascial web, the connected organism.
- Functional Anatomy.
- Movement patterns.
- Anatomy in asana.
- Reading patterns in the body.
Yoga Asana (55 hours)
- What is asana and its purpose.
- Surya Namaska, Standing postures, Forward bends, Back bends, Twists, Balances, Inversions & Hips and shoulders.
- Elastic training (stretching).
- Bandha in asana.
- Mudra in asana.
- Yin and Yang in asana.
- Vinyasa yoga styles.
- Yin and Restorative Yoga styles.
- Yoga for special populations.
The study of each asana will consider purpose, variety of approaches, integration of anatomy, body types, precautions and prohibitions, adjustments and modifications, including the use of props to assist.
Pranayama (25 hours)
- What is pranayama?
- Breath awareness practices.
- Pranayama practice, including Ujjai, Nadi Shodana, Brahmari, sitali and Kapalabhati.
- Bandhas in Pranayama.
- Mudra on Pranayama.
- Breath retention.
Meditation and mantra (15 hours)
- What is meditation?
- The challenges to teaching mediation in the modern world.
- The starting places, pratyahara and Dharana.
- Meditation practices, including Yoga Nidra.
- Incorporating meditation and mindfulness into a predominantly physical class.
- The power of sound.
- Om, the universal sound.
- Chants:Togetherness Mantra, Gayatri Mantra, Pavamana Mantra.
- Incorporation of external sounds in class, including gongs and singing bowls.
Subtle Anatomy (12 hours)
- The Pranic body.
- Chakras and integration into asana and pranayama.
- Mudra and Bandha.
Teaching and methodology (45 hours)
- Lesson planning.
- Moving to a peak pose.
- Linking poses through a theme.
- Sequencing in asana.
- Course writing, sequencing lessons over time.
- Verbal cues and the power of language to inform the body.
- Physical adjustment and the art of touch, including self-adjustment.
- Teaching beginners.
- Differentiation in teaching, moving students on.
- Teaching online.
- The authentic teacher voice.
The business of teaching Yoga (15 hours)
- Getting started: Venue and location, Risk assessment, Health and safety, Price structures & Insurance to teach.
- Data collection, Client health forms, GDPR, and being covid-secure if necessary.
- Marketing Tools.
- Professional conduct and the student/ teacher relationship.
- The building of a yoga community
- The authentic teacher
Teaching practice (18 hours)
- Team teaching
- Micro teaching
- Teaching full 60 to 90 minute classes.
When ready trainee teachers can teach up to 2 hours a week, but only what has been covered by the course and in agreement with SYT Amy Jones. You will be encouraged to get teaching after weekend 5 and your mid-course mentor session via zoom, or when you feel ready.
- Personal Practise: Asana, Pranayama & Mediation.
- Class attendance: Vinyasa yoga styles, Yin/Restorative styles & Meditation/sound bath.
- External tutor lead class attendance: 65 hours (over the 9 month period of course)
- Student led study: Study and assignment 65 hours & Self practise 60 hours
Teaching yoga is truly the art of sharing your experiences as you continue to practise yoga. All good teachers teach from a solid foundation of a regular practise, that informs and enriches their teaching
Total course hours 430
Time commitment and Course dates 2021
Pre-course 1:2:1 mentor session via zoom
Weekend 1 April: Thursday 15th, Friday 16th, Saturday 17th & Sunday 18th April, in-person, St Agnes studio, 9am-6pm.
Weekend 2 May: Friday 14th May, zoom, 6pm-9pm, Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th May, in-person St Agnes studio, 9am-6pm.
Weekend 3 June: Friday 11th June, zoom, 6pm-9pm, Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th June, in-person, St Agnes studio or outside Rose-in-Vale, 9am-6pm.
Weekend 4 July: Friday 9th July, zoom, 6pm-9pm, Saturday 10th & Sunday 11th July, in-person, St Agnes studio or outside Rose-in-Vale, 9am-6pm.
Weekend 5 August: Online learning modules, completed at your pace and mid-course 1:2:1 mentor sessions via zoom.
Weekend 6 September: Friday 17th Sept, zoom, 6pm-9pm, Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th Sept, in-person St Agnes studio or outside Rose-in-Vale, 9am-6pm.
Weekend 7 October: Thursday 28th, Friday 29th, Saturday 30th & Sunday 31st Oct, in-person St Agnes studio, 9am-6pm.
Weekend 8 November: Friday 19th Nov, zoom, 6pm-9pm, Saturday 20th & Sunday 21st Nov, in person St Agnes studio, 9am-6pm.
Weekend 9 December: Friday 10th Dec, zoom, 6pm-9pm, Saturday 11th & Sunday 12th Dec, in person St Agnes studio, 9am-6pm.
End of course 1:2:1 mentor session via zoom.
Who is the course for?
A minimum of 2 years regular yoga practise.
Completion of an application form, and acceptance on to the course by SYT Amy Jones.
This course is open to all yogis who meet the minimum entry requirements and have a desire to deepen their study of yoga, and have a passion to share the gift of yoga with others. There is not a need to be able to perform certain asanas, yoga is not defined by making shapes with the body; rather it is the art of listening to the body and working intuitively with its current condition.
Terms and Conditions
Cost of course
Payment in full: £2300 - payment via BACS or paypal, please complete application form first, payment in full to secure place.
Payment plan: £2500, £500 non-refundable deposit to secure your place, payment via BACS or paypal - after acceptance onto the course once application form approved. Then 4 further payments of £500 on the 1st April, 1st June, 1st Aug & 1st Oct 2021, to be set up as a standing order.
Included in the price:
- 220 contact hours with SYT Amy Jones or Jane Cradick, and other guest teachers
- Access to all online materials and recorded videos from our sessions via www.amy-yogaonline.com, access on-going
- At your pace online learning modules (20hrs)
- 1:2:1 mentor sessions via zoom (3 sessions, pre, mid and end of course)
- 300 hour foundation teacher training course manual
- Refreshments throughout the day
- Certification of 300 hour Yoga teacher training upon completion of the course, including all assignments
- Post completion of your course support and advice.
- Free access to Amy's online subscription classes for the duration of the course.
- Transport to and from venue
- Accommodation for the duration of the course
- Insurance to teach (this is available through your membership to YAP, both as a trainee and once your have qualified)
- Set texts
- Technology to access online learning elements of the course.
How to apply and Payment
There are a maximum of 12 in-person places and 4 online only available on the course. To apply please fill out the application form, click here; and Amy Jones will contact you to confirm your suitability and place on the course. She will also send out pre-course information, this will include assignments and reading list. She will also arrange a payment of a non-refundable deposit of £500 or payment in full of £2300 to secure place. Once your place is secured Amy will arrange your pre-course zoom session.
Amy and Jane will provide supportive recourses for each module of the course as part of the course manual, which will be provided both in print and as an e-manual online. Students are expected to obtain all set texts on reading lists themselves prior to the start of the course, and will need to bring them to each day of the course. Additional useful books will also be included on the reading list for future suggested future study. To support your study resources will also be available to access and study online via Amy's online yoga website, www.amy-yogaonline.com, and the course closed FB group.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Please note that all deposits are non-refundable, in the event you need to cancel your place:
- Cancellations 28 days or less before the course start date all payments made are non-refundable.
- Cancellations 29 days or more before the course start date deposit of £500 is non-refundable. If you paid for course in full (£2300), £1800 will be refunded, the £500 deposit is non-refundable.
- Withdrawing during the course: deposit and any attended weekends are non-refundable, payment for remaining unattended weekends will depend on your personal circumstances and reasons for withdrawing mid-course, but in most cases you will be expected to pay for your place on the course in full.
- Your place on the course cannot be sold or given to anyone else. All bookings and payments for the course are made directly through Amy Jones.
Please put any requests to withdraw in writing to Amy yoga at email@example.com
Amy Jones has the right to cancel the course at any point. In the unlikely event of a course being cancelled you will be refunded your full course fees or offered alternative dates, of which if you can’t attend you will be offered a full refund. Other costs incurred such as travel or time off work cannot be reimbursed.
Attendance and completion of the course
Students should attend 100% of the course contact hours, both in-person and online via zoom. Failure to attend the course contact hours will result in non-completion of the course and no certification. There may be the opportunity to make up missed contact hours, this must be pre-arranged with Amy Jones and additional cost will depend on support and hours needed. The online content will provided excellent opportunity for those needing to catch up on missed sessions for any reason. Those attending solely online are expected to attend sessions live, unless prior arrangements are made with Amy. Certification of the course is also dependent on the successful completion and passing of all written assignments. If additional time and support is needed to complete assignments this will need to be agreed with Amy Jones and may also incur additional costs.
Please note that Amy Jones will pass on your details to the Yoga Alliance Professional so they can contact you to register. Your details will not be passed on to any other parties.
By registering and paying either a deposit for the course or full payment you are agreeing to all the T&Cs laid out above, including the cancellation policy. You are agreeing to adhere to the code of conduct policy and confirm you have read and are happy with the complaints procedure. Please consider your personal circumstance when considering the course and the requirements to attend all training sessions.