"Now begins the practise yoga yoga" (Patanjali sutra 1:1)
This in-person 300 hour YTT course is fully registered by Yoga Alliance Professionals, click here to view YAP UK registration, and will equip you with the skills to become a successful yoga teacher, enabling you to support and inspire others through the practise of yoga. The in-person 300hr course runs over a period of 10-12 months, to allow time for you to learn at your own pace and put your learning into practise. Our next in-person YTT will run Autumn 2021, dates tbc.
The course is led by senior yoga teacher Amy Jones, who has created her own thriving yoga community from her studios in St Agnes and now online! Co-teacher Jane Cradick also comes with a wealth of experience, and has her own thriving yoga business. Both Amy and Jane have been involved in teacher training for several years, between them they have over 25 years of teaching experience, with a deep rooted passion for supporting others to become successful teachers, so the light that is yoga can shine brightly into the world! On occasions specialist teachers are also brought in as guest teachers to enrich your learning and experience of the course.
The in-person 300hr YTT takes place inside from our studio base in St Agnes, and outside at the beautiful Rose-in-Vale Hotel Mithian. All sessions are live streamed and recorded via zoom, creating an amazing online resource that all trainees have on-going access to via Amy's online website, www.amy-yogaonline.com. This 300-hour course is the starting point, and both Amy and Jane will continue to offer on-going support and mentorship to all students, building our own community of supportive, thriving yoga teachers.
Style of Yoga
This course will draw primarily upon vinyasa yoga traditions, along with softer hatha and yin practices. Amy and Jane have studied a variety of styles of yoga, and they share a common approach to yoga teaching based on an eclectic mix of these different styles. Although yoga is often characterised into specific styles, and their associated lineages, there is only one yoga; the art on intuitively listening to the body, breath and mind to achieve balance in the system. As part of this course you will be encouraged to follow your own path, and studying as many styles of yoga as possible with as many teachers as you can, enabling you to find your authentic teacher voice.
Syllabus at a Glance
This course aims to develop safe, effective, knowledgeable and reflective yoga teachers, who come from a place of passion for yoga and a commitment to their own continuing practise. The best teachers teach from the heart, sharing their knowledge and experiences of the practise of yoga.
The course is divided in 10 modules as followed:
The word yoga means union, making it almost impossible to divide the subject of yoga into individual modules. The 10 modules will intertwine throughout the whole course, allowing students to gain a holistic approach to the teaching of yoga.
Syllabus in more detail
Yoga Philosophy (25 hours)
- The history of yoga overview.
- The central texts of the yogic tradition: Bhagvad Gita & Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras.
- What is Yoga in the modern Western world?
- The integration of philosophy into classes.
Anatomy and Physiology (30 hours)
- The bones, joints and movement.
- Muscles and movements.
- The other systems of the body: Nervous, Endocrine, Digestive, Lymphatic
- The fascial web, the connected organism.
- Functional Anatomy.
- Movement patterns.
- Anatomy in asana.
- Reading patterns in the body.
Yoga Asana (55 hours)
- What is asana and its purpose?
- Surya namaskar, standing postures, forward bends, back bends, twists, balances, inversions & hips and shoulders.
- Elastic training (stretching).
- Bandha in asana.
- Mudra in asana.
- Yin and yang in asana.
- Vinyasa yoga styles.
- Yin and restorative Yoga styles.
- Yoga for special populations (beginners and pregnancy yoga).
The study of each asana will consider purpose, variety of approaches, integration of anatomy, body types, precautions and prohibitions, adjustments and modifications, including the use of props to assist.
Pranayama (25 hours)
- What is pranayama?
- Breath awareness practices.
- Pranayama practice, including Ujjai, Nadi Shodana, Brahmari, sitali and Kapalabhati.
- Bandhas in Pranayama.
- Mudra on Pranayama.
- Breath retention.
Meditation and mantra (15 hours)
- What is meditation?
- The challenges to teaching mediation in the modern world.
- The starting places, pratyahara and Dharana.
- Meditation practices, including Yoga Nidra.
- Incorporating meditation and mindfulness into a predominantly physical class.
- The power of sound.
- Om, the universal sound.
- Chants: Togetherness mantra, Gayatri mantra, Pavamana mantra.
Subtle Anatomy (12 hours)
- The Pranic body.
- Chakras and integration into asana and pranayama.
- Mudra and Bandha.
Teaching and methodology (45 hours)
- Lesson planning.
- Moving to a peak pose.
- Linking poses through a theme.
- Sequencing in asana.
- Course writing, sequencing lessons over time.
- The art of teaching yoga (or anything!): observation, listening, verbal cues and the power of language to inform the body and demonstration.
- Physical adjustment and the art of touch, including self-adjustment.
- Differentiation in teaching, moving students on.
- Options for teaching online.
The business of teaching Yoga (15 hours)
- Getting started: venue and location, risk assessment, health and safety, price structures & insurance to teach.
- Data collection, client health forms, GDPR.
- Marketing tools.
- Professional conduct and the student/ teacher relationship.
- Building your yoga community
Teaching practice (18 hours)
- Team teaching
- Micro teaching
- Teaching full 60 to 90 minute classes.
When ready trainee teachers can teach up to 2 hours a week, but only what has been covered by the course and in agreement with SYT Amy Jones, you will be encouraged to get teaching from when you feel ready.
- External tutor lead class attendance: 65 hours
- Student led study (personal practice): Study and assignment 65 hours & Self practise 60 hours
Teaching yoga is truly the art of sharing your experiences as you continue to practise yoga. All good teachers teach from a solid foundation of a regular practise, that informs and enriches their teaching
Total course hours 430
Time commitment and course dates 2021
As this is an in-person course Amy and Jane are waiting for a time when they know covid restrictions will not impact on the delivery of their in-person course. Our next in-person 300hr YTT is planned to start Autumn 2021, dates coming soon. If you would like to add your name to the waiting list to be part of our next in-person course click here. The course will run as one weekend a month spread over 10-12 months, Friday 6pm-9pm and Saturday & Sunday 9am-6pm.
Who is the course for?
A minimum of 2 years regular yoga practise.
Completion of an application form, and acceptance on to the course by SYT Amy Jones.
This course is open to all yogis who meet the minimum entry requirements and have a desire to deepen their study of yoga, and have a passion to share the gift of yoga with others. There is not a need to be able to perform certain asanas, yoga is not defined by making shapes with the body; rather it is the art of listening to the body and working intuitively with its current condition.
Terms and Conditions
Total cost of course: £2500 (payment plan) or £2300 payment in full
Payment plan: £500 non-refundable deposit to secure your place, payment via BACS - after acceptance onto the course once application form approved. The remaining £2000 is spread monthly over the length of the course.
Included in the price:
- 240 in-person contact hours with SYT Amy Jones or Jane Cradick.
- On-going post course access to all online materials and recorded videos from our sessions via www.amy-yogaonline.com
- 300 hour foundation teacher training course manual
- Refreshments throughout the day
- Certification of 300 hour Yoga teacher training upon completion of the course, including all assignments
- Post completion of your course support and advice.
- Free access to Amy's online subscription classes for the duration of the course.
- Private course FB group.
- Transport to and from venue
- Accommodation for the duration of the course
- Insurance to teach (this is available through your membership to YAP, both as a trainee and once your have qualified)
- Set texts
How to apply and Payment
There are a maximum of 16 places, to add your name to the waiting list for our next in-person YTT click here, and Amy Jones will contact you to confirm our next in-person course dates and invite you to join. She will also send out pre-course information, this will include assignments and reading list.
Amy and Jane will provide supportive recourses for each module of the course as part of the course manual, which will be provided both in print and as an e-manual online. Students are expected to obtain all set texts on reading lists themselves prior to the start of the course, and will need to bring them to each day of the course. Additional useful books will also be included on the reading list for future suggested future study. To support your study resources will also be available online via Amy's online yoga website, www.amy-yogaonline.com and the course closed FB group.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Please note that all deposits are non-refundable, in the event you need to cancel your place:
- Cancellations 28 days or less before the course start date all payments made are non-refundable.
- Cancellations 29 days or more before the course start date deposit of £500 is non-refundable. If you paid for course in full (£2300), £1800 will be refunded, the £500 deposit is non-refundable.
- Withdrawing during the course: deposit and any attended weekends are non-refundable, payment for remaining unattended weekends will depend on your personal circumstances and reasons for withdrawing mid-course, but in most cases you will be expected to pay for your place on the course in full.
- Your place on the course cannot be sold or given to anyone else. All bookings and payments for the course are made directly through Amy Jones.
Please put any requests to withdraw in writing to Amy yoga at email@example.com
Amy Jones has the right to cancel the course at any point. In the unlikely event of a course being cancelled you will be refunded your full course fees or offered alternative dates, of which if you can’t attend you will be offered a full refund. Other costs incurred such as travel or time off work cannot be reimbursed.
Attendance and completion of the course
Students should attend 100% of the in-person course contact hours, failure to attend the course contact hours could result in non-completion of the course and no certification. There may be the opportunity to make up missed contact hours, this must be pre-arranged with Amy Jones and additional cost will depend on support and hours needed. The online content will provided excellent opportunity for those needing to catch up on missed sessions for any reason. Certification of the course is also dependent on the successful completion and passing of all written assignments. If additional time and support is needed to complete assignments this will need to be agreed with Amy Jones and may also incur additional costs.
Please note that Amy Jones will pass on your details to the Yoga Alliance Professional so they can contact you to register. Your details will not be passed on to any other parties.
By registering and paying either a deposit for the course or full payment you are agreeing to all the T&Cs laid out above, including the cancellation policy. You are agreeing to adhere to the code of conduct policy and confirm you have read and are happy with the complaints procedure. Please consider your personal circumstance when considering the course and the requirements to attend all training sessions.
This course has changed my life! Amy and Jane have been amazing, I have learnt more than I thought possible and had the best experience, even in covid times, they kept us on track and gave us the best experience. I would highly recommend this course for anyone wanting to do their teacher training. Thank you both so much!
Leah Hyne 300hr foundation TT 2020
Amy and Jane are brilliant teachers, they delivered this course despite covid 19, so flexible and adaptable! Their knowledge and experience is phenomenal and I am so lucky to have been able to train with them. Justine Smith 300hr foundation TT 2020
Thank you Amy and Jane, your YTT turned my apprehension into an affirmation! I have learnt more than I imagine and found each weekend such a joy. Your care and commitment to our continued learning during covid-19 provided encouragement and motivation to keep going. Catherine A 300hr foundation TT 2020.