Certified Emergency First Aid training day
with Dr. Anna Shekhdar, MBChB, Consultant in Emergency Medicine
Open to all yoga, pilates teachers and others looking for first aid training.
Venue: Wellbeing studios Miners and Mechanics Institute St Agnes, TR60DW
Course dates: Saturday 9th February 9am-5pm
If you are motivated to be able to deal with first aid situations which might occur in your class then this day course is for you.
- How to approach an incident
- Managing Airway, Breathing and Circulation
- Safe Airway Position (Previously known as recovery position)
- Managing bleeding & wounds including burns
- Strains, Sprains, Fractures and Dislocations
- Management of medical emergencies including anaphylaxis, asthma, choking, diabetes, epilepsy, Heart attack and Stroke
- Resuscitation – Adult and Child
- All course material endorsed by Remote Emergency Care & completion gives 3 year EFAW qualification
Dr. Anna Shekhdar, MBChB, Consultant in Emergency Medicine
Dr. Anna Shekhdar, MBChB FRCEM, is a
Consultant in Emergency Medicine. Her day job is working in the Emergency Department at the Royal Cornwall Hospital in Truro but she also works for the Cornwall Air Ambulance and endeavours to
get outside and involved in Expedition Medicine as much as possible too.
Anna moved to Cornwall 7 years ago and is passionate about everything this fantastic county has to offer. She loves to surf, Kitesurf, paddle board, surf row and run, and escapes to the mountains each winter to Ski. Now Mum to 2 boys she is busier than ever but determined to keep up her lifestyle!
From working in the hospital and pre-hospital environment Anna realises that well delivered first aid really does matter and this has led to her to set up bespoke First Aid Courses to interested groups which can be tailored to scenarios which the groups may have to deal with through their work or even in the street. Anna obtained her level 4 Remote Emergency Care Instructor qualification in order to teach certified First Aid courses and offers 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work courses to 4 day level 4 Remote Emergency Care. To date she has run bespoke courses for SKC Sea Kayak Guide Training and for yoga teachers in training. For more information or to discuss what you or your group need please feel free to contact her at AnnaShekhdar@hotmail.com