Doing Yoga with Toddlers and Pre-school aged children
Date: 2020 coming soon
Time: 10am - 4pm
Who's it for? This workshop is suitable for all yoga teachers (qualified and currently in training) and non-yoga teachers including parents, nursery and pre-school workers, childminders and anyone else involved in working with children aged from 12 months old up to the age of 5 years old. This workshop will give you the tools to begin a simple yoga practice with the children you work with, either in your pre-school or nursery setting or at home. It is also an opportunity to explore how children within this age group naturally learn, move and explore their physical bodies. The workshop would also act as a good foundation for anyone considering completing the 4 day toddler & pre-school yoga training course.
Please note this workshop would not train you to be a teacher of toddler yoga or pre-school yoga, but would give you the tools to bring a simple practice into your workplace.
- Development of movement 12 months to 5 years old.
- Postures for toddlers & pre-school aged children.
- Cultivating passivity and relaxation in toddlers and pre-school aged children.
- Yoga and EYFS.
- Resources for doing yoga with toddlers and pre-school aged children.
Teaching Pre & Postnatal Yoga Refresher Day
(CPD 5.5 hours)
Date: 2020 TBC
Time: 10.30am - 4.30pm
Who's it for? This CPD workshop is open to all teachers of pregnancy yoga, mum and baby yoga and those who encounter postnatal women in their teaching. It is an excellent opportunity to get together with other teachers that work with pre and postnatal women, share knowledge, experiences, best practices and stay up-to-date with current guidelines.
- Up-dates to current guidelines for teaching pregnancy yoga, mum & baby yoga and postnatal rehabilitation.
- Creative lesson planning and sequencing for pregnancy yoga and mum and baby yoga.
- Sharing good practice.
- Common problems and solutions.
- Working safely and creatively with pelvic girdle pain (PGP and SPD).
- Rehabilitation for pelvic floor issues.
The day will be a mixture of theory and practical tasks, with a focus on experiencing the theory through physical practice, so please come prepared for physical work as well as lots of listening.
All payments for CPD days are currently made via BACS, please contact Amy to confirm payment when booking onto a CPD day.
40 43 36
Mrs A F Jones