All live in-person CPD workshops are online via zoom, and you are able to have access to all recordings for 7 days after the live event. At your pace learning CPD training modules coming soon to www.amy-yogaonline.com.
The Pelvis and Pelvic Floor Pre & Postnatally
Saturday 26th September 10am-12pm
This CPD workshop is for any yoga teacher, pregnancy yoga teacher and mum & baby yoga teacher who wants to best understand how to support the pelvis and the pelvic floor in the important act of growing a baby and delivering a baby.
- Understanding and incorporating pelvic centric movement into asana.
- The pelvis, pelvic floor and posture.
- Pelvic floor, to squeeze or not to squeeze? Understanding how best to improve pelvic floor function.
- Opportunity for Q & A at the end.
The grey areas, when teaching yoga to pregnant women
Saturday 3rd October 10am-12pm
This CPD workshop is for any yoga teacher and pregnancy yoga teacher that is looking for some clarity (if that's possible) on the grey areas when teaching yoga to a pregnant woman. Pregnancy is full of dos and don'ts, yet who knows her body and her baby the best, she does, our role as yoga teachers is to simply empower this!
- Yoga in the first trimester, to practise or not?
- Advice around supine lying
- To do or not to do - adho mukha svanasana, baddha konasana, twist, squat, inversions and back bends?!
- Teaching the pregnant experienced yogi
Teaching yoga postnatally
Saturday 24th October 10am-12pm
This CPD workshop is for any yoga teacher and mum & baby yoga teacher who is looking to better understand women in their class who have recently had a baby and how effectively to use yoga to support them.
- Understanding the body postnatally
- The impact of breastfeeding on a yoga practise.
- Postnatal rehab for diastasis recti
- Postnatal rehab for pelvic floor issues, including prolapse.
The business of teaching pre & postnatal yoga, including effective online teaching.
Saturday 31st October 10am-12pm
This CPD workshop is for any pre & postnatal yoga teacher looking to expand and improve their yoga offering when teaching pregnancy yoga, postnatal yoga and mum & baby yoga classes. This will particularly suit newly qualified teachers, teachers looking at ways to create a successful online offering or for what ever reason are struggling to make their classes successful long term.
- When and where to teach in-person pre & postnatal yoga classes.
- How to teach pre & postnatal yoga effectively online.
- What to charge and how to charge it.
- Planning to not plan in pregnancy and mum & baby yoga classes - adapting on the spot!
- Effective on-going marketing when offering pre & postnatal classes.
Since the UK lock down Amy has spent many hours supporting other teachers and those who have previously trained with her. Realising the support that teachers need right now she is excited to announce she will be releasing her Yoga teaching & business mentoring cpd training sessions, available via zoom and as online at your pace CPD training courses on her online website.
This can be a forgotten element of a teacher training course and there are so many great yoga teachers out there that struggle for a variety of reasons to get their offering up and running, when the world needs them! Amy loves supporting others and is excited to extending her support to yoga teachers.
Autumn 2020 dates coming soon.